So there were a few things I wanted to accomplish during this break. I did get to follow a very extensive Adobe Illustrator on-line course. It was so comprehensive, organized, and clear, it's amazing it's free. I was hoping to actually do my own original work in Ai as practice, but it's hard for me to get stuff like that done when my other half takes times off work and stays home. For the same reason, I also didn't get to do much of watercolor rodents. I know, excuses, excuses. But I can do things like this:
The bag on the right was given to me by my sister many years ago. I literally worn it completely out. The zipper in the back pocket broke, it has holes in it, and the strap is all frayed. So I made a new one, using materials left over from the Raju Hat I made in my first quarter. By the way, I actually designed the pattern on the fabric, through Spoonflower.com.
The bag is not as nice as the original, but I think it's fairly sturdy. We'll see if it'll last as long as the first one did. And of course, all the buttons are now proudly displayed on the new bag's flap.