Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Watercolor Birds Revisited: Vermilion Flycatcher

Just in case you were wondering about the lack of posts in the past 2-3 months, it is not because I was on a desert island with no Wi-Fi. The end of the second quarter is upon us and we're all very busy preparing all of our deliverables for our classes. But I'm glad this quarter wasn't quite as intense as the last one, because I did get to do some non-school related illustration activities, mostly in the form of #3yroldscirbble mixed up together with #colour_collective. Perhaps during break I'll take the time to assemble the best of them into a video or something.

One of my deliverables is a series of smartphone photos explaining how to take on a particular task. Some chose to show how to cook a certain dish. I decided to show how to draw and paint a Vermilion Flycatcher. I won't show all the photos here, because I still need to edit them a little bit, but here is the final one:


I used pencil, pen, and watercolors, and then at the end went over the branch with some more pencil to give it a bit more depth.

No comments: