Friday, May 6, 2016

Watercolor Birds #11: Hoopoe


Hoopoe is a bird I used to see all the time, growing up in Israel. Though I enjoyed seeing it, I took it for granted. Now I never see it anymore. Even when I go visit, it seems so rare. I think I might have seen it twice in all the times I've visited. I wonder what happened. Is it just my perception, or did they decide to move to different habitats? I don't know. I guess I could research it. ***[Doing some research.]***  Okay, did some quick research. Found nothing, other than the former president of Israel lamenting that some birds have become rarer in Israel than they used to be. Here are some other facts about hoopoes, if you're interested.

Edit: Just noticed that the tail is too short! Dammit! Here's the hoopoe with a longer tail:


No comments: