Thursday, May 19, 2016

Watercolor Birds #20: Rock Pigeon


Aren't pigeons cute? Whenever I look at one - and I admit, it happens quite often - my heart melts a little bit. They're just so adorable. I especially like the way they walk, with their head moving back and forth.

I tried to let go of some control here, allowing the watercolor run a bit more than I usually do. Also, had to figure out how to make the iridescence on the neck. It didn't work all that well. I'll try to find some watercolor videos to see how others do it. Also, I didn't mean for the pot to look like it has a dip. I guess it's a combination of too much dark paint and too much water making the paper cave in a bit. Oh, well. Overall, I'm fairly pleased with the result.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pigeon, Dorit! :)

Dorit said...

Thanks, Hanna! Pigeons are so cute!