Monday, May 16, 2016

Watercolor Birds #17: Barn Swallow


For today's bird I decided to draw one that we saw yesterday, flying over the Chattahoochee River. They fly so fast! I'm amazed someone managed to get such a great photo of them. Also, rather than sitting, I figured I should try my hand at drawing a flying bird, since that's what these birds seem to do most of the time.


A conversation with myself at the completion of the painting:

Me: There are so many things wrong with this Barn Swallow, I don't know where to start.
Myself: Hey this is my first flying bird, give me a break!
Me: Yes, but putting the leg in the wrong place has nothing to do with it!
Myself: Well, sure it does. Leg position in flying's not the same as standing.
Me: And what about the crappy feathers?
Myself: Oh, There were too many of them with those open wings.
Me: Fine. As long as you use this experience to learn from your mistakes!
Myself (looking down, ashamed, mumbling): Of course I will. 

No comments: